- 07-Feb-2014 to 08-Mar-2014 (MST)
- Store 490 - Detroit
- Livonia, MI, USA
- Full Time
Pre-fabricators (building materials / construction / assembly)
Who we are?
Tuff Shed, Inc. was established in 1981 and is America's largest manufacturing and installer of storage buildings and garages. We utilize cutting edge green technology in our materials and manufacturing processes, and we hold multiple US Patents. Tuff Shed has built over 850,000 buildings!
Who are we looking for?
- We are seeking employees with a passion for building and putting things together.
- Do you enjoy working with your hands, reading designs, drawings, measuring, cutting and painting?
- Do you like to work with power tools? Pneumatic tools, hammers, air tools, compressors, saws, etc...
- Our most successful employees:
- bring a lot of energy to the job
- enjoy working on a team
- take direction well
- enjoy learning new things
- doing multiple tasks to get the job done
- Our best employees also describe themselves as:
- ability to see the whole project, even though they're working on building the pieces
- being busy
- multi-tasking – working on multiple projects and or work areas during the day
Experience / Qualifications
- Experience building things, reading and/or understanding diagrams, completing projects
- Some knowledge of the construction (framing, truss, or panel production) is helpful
- Able to add, subtract, measure and cut to specific requirements
- Self-Starter, takes initiative, ability to see what needs to be done
- Flexible work schedule, depending on volume of work to be done
- Experience working in a team environment to accomplish goals and projects – able to be a contributor to do whatever it take to get the job done
- Inventory experience is also a plus
- MUST be reliable, we're counting on you every day! History of being on-time and dependable!
What's in it for you?
- On the job training. We have several different work areas, and we love to cross-train our employees
- An opportunity to join a successful company, and be part of the growth team! Our annual sales have increased 25% year over year for 2012 and 2013!! We offer a competitive salary. We also offer great benefits including paid vacation, medical/dental/vision and life insurance, and a 'Safe Harbor' 401(k) plan.
Now for the Nitty-Gritty:
- A current valid driver's license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report, may be a requirement for some roles in our Prefab department. This will depend on location and needs of the business.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Interested? Select "Apply"! We'd love to hear from you!
Tuff Shed, Inc. is an EOE/AA Employer